pros of being pansexual:
- boys r hot
- girls r hot
- non-binary people are hot
- everyone is hot
- hot like a tater tot
cons of being pansexual:
- why is everyone hot
- ”are you sexually attracted to pans”
- why is everyone hot
- "thats not a real thing"
- WHY IS EVERYONE HOT
George R. R. Martin everyone.
My favourite thing about this gifset is that George R. R. Martin acknowledges both of these methods without insulting or dismissing the other. He is a fantastic writer and I know that some other fantastic writers swear by their methods and discount the others, which can be really disheartening as a young writer. Hearing him describe both of these methods without dismissing the other makes me very, very happy, as I am very much an architect and I always get so sad when every writer I look up to is like “NO PLANNING. PLANNING BAD. WRITERS DONT PLAN.”
So thank you, Mr. Martin.
ok do you see this Legendary Epic woman right here? this is wendy fucking carlos and i’m going to describe to you why wendy carlos is 30 thousand times better than you
- she is a 74 year old trans fucking woman. she remembers having dysphoria at age five and started hrt in 1968. you think transitioning is difficult now? try doing it in 1968. the thought scares the shit out of me.
- her first album, switched on bach, is a literal hour of her playing bach’s music on synthesizers. that’s classical edm. edm wouldn’t exist if she hadn’t brought synthesizers to prominence. the catch? synthesizers in 1968 were monophonic. that means you can only play one note at a time. wendy carlos sat there and played each instrument’s piece of bachs music at least 6 times per symphony, painstakingly overdubbing and rerecording each line, one at a time.
- oh yeah, switched on bach was the first classical album to sell more than 500k copies and she won 3 grammies and stayed on the billboard #1 pop charts for 17 weeks.
- you know tron? that really awesome movie whose sequel daft punk made the ost for? wendy is the original daft punk. tron’s soundtrack was all her; not only that, but so was a clockwork orange and the shining.
- in 1998 this piece of shit momus (aka nick currie on wired) made a song mocking wendy’s sexual orientation. $50k of currie’ money later, she forced him to remove that song from his entire collection, have the master destroyed, and his music career fucking died after that.
figured i’d post this since daft punk keep getting a lot of love. i love daft punk, but they owe their lives to this fucking badass.
HOLY. CRAP. I did not know this.
work work work work work!
Wendy Carlos also scored Kubrick’s ‘Clockwork Orange’ and ‘The Shining.’ She’s a big deal, people.
i wish more people said that being single is normal
and you’re not going to meet and marry someone
and that’s fine
and if marriage happens, it happens. and it’s not the next big ticket to check off in life’s checklist
because not everyone meets someone they want to marry. and that’s normal
you’re not broken or unfulfilled if you are single
I remember when they screened it [the “I am your father” scene], Harrison turned around and said “I didn’t know that! Why the f*&^ didn’t you tell me?!”
The next generation of scientists is already hard at work solving our biggest problems. Take Deepika Kurup, a 14-year-old high school student from Nashua, New Hampshire. After seeing children in India drinking dirty water from a stagnant pool, she decided, in her words, “to find a solution to the global water crisis.” And then she actually made some progress towards that goal, developing a solar-powered water purification system.
She is the future
Ever notice how it’s always brilliant teenagers making stuff that will actually solve the world’s worst problems, like what do adults even do?
SOMEONE FINALLY SAID IT
So if a teenager is at school for roughly 8 hours, and they are doing homework for 6+ hours, and they need AT LEAST 9 HOURS OF SLEEP FOR THEIR DEVELOPING BRAINS, then they may have 0-1 hours for other activities like eating, bathing, exercise, socializing (which is actually incredibly important for emotional, mental, and physical health, as well as the development of skills vital to their future career and having healthy romantic relationships among other things), religious activities, hobbies, extra curriculars, medical care of any kind, chores (also a skill/habit development thing and required by many parents), relaxation, and family time? Not to mention that your parents may or may not pressure you to get a job, or you might need to get one for economic reasons.
I will never not reblog this
"…but teenagers have no reason to be stressed."
And never forget “Since it’s the weekend….”
This would be why I survived a frankly scary amount of high school on two to four hours of sleep every night.
Well, our office’s elevator actually has an option where if you press the wrong floor, you press it twice to cancel.
Everyone’s always looking at their tricorders these days.
Okay, so most people call them iPhones. And this item, called the Node
works with the Android to function as a gyroscope, thermometer, magnetometer, accelerometer, humidity meter, altimeter and barometer. While NASA has already produced a small gas sensor chip
that plugs right into the iPhone’s dock. But now someone has gone and taken it a step farther by creating an affordable spectrometer which reads a reflected beam of light to determine the molecular makeup of the object it shines upon. The small hand-held device works with — what else? — your iPhone.
Tricorders have arrived. Roddenberry’s guess as to when they would appear was just off by a couple of centuries.